Fabric Haul, Prom Gown Commission, 1890s-inspired Period Lolita Dress and More!

by - 2:18 PM

Iris treated us to some lovely, lovely fabrics - can't wait for the night fairies one to be turned into a JSK... a sweet surprise post-Christmas pressie from my sweetest sister.  

 

Slow but steady progress on the prom gown commission... the lace is just delicious! Now it's just sewing on the sleeves and flowers, so I hope it will be done relatively soon.
Mock up of the floral decoration
 
So many flowers to sew on yet though...


Finished silk taffeta drawers commission - decorated with tulle lace, ruffles, pintucks and silk satin ribbon, they were a pure delight to work on!



In the few spare moments I can steal, I'm slowly working on another 1890s-inspired Period Lolita dress - and once again, it's made of polkadot fabric:-) I hope I can get my hands on a pink, yellow and lilac one as well one day to make yet some more Period Lolita dresses...
This one's gonna have the biggest sleeves I've yet tackled and in hindsight, I'd add more tulle support inside than was recommended in the pattern. Still haven't found the right kind of lace to go with this...
Cutting out the sleeve lining out of white cotton batiste
They don't look it on the picture, but in real life they are seriously huge.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope it treats you all well, brings you happiness, love, health, success and contentment. See you in 2019!

You May Also Like

6 komentářů

  1. Those fabrics are so sweet! I especially like the night fairies one - the blue and purple is very cute. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much, darling! Yeah, I adore it too!<3<3<3 I really can't wait to have the time to make it into that jsk...

      Delete
  2. Design and article both are amazing
    You did a great job
    I am also a beauty blogger
    secret Korean method for glowing skin make at home

    ReplyDelete